Cmed Technology's New Timaeus 5 On-Demand eClinical Platform Focuses on Flexibility and Freedom
10/19/2010 7:12:35 AM
MINNEAPOLIS and BERLIN, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Cmed Technology, an eClinical technology provider, today unveiled two product previews at two major pharmaceutical conferences. It debuted Timaeus 5, Cmed's newest version of its unified eClinical platform to manage data from Study Design through Reporting. Timaeus 5 adds enhanced usability, extended operational capabilities, streamlined investigator and monitor interaction, and expanded reporting capabilities. Cmed Technology also unveiled the Timaeus HotSpot, the industry's first portable, regulatory-compliant eClinical suite that combines the power of the Timaeus platform with the freedom and flexibility of a WiFi hotspot. With Timaeus HotSpot, research organizations can set up clinics more easily and provide physicians fast, reliable access to clinical trial data using whatever technology they prefer: from a standard Windows® notebook PC to an Apple iPad® or Android mobile appliance.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101018/NY83114 )
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20101018/NY83114 )
Timaeus 5 and Timaeus HotSpot will be demonstrated using the Apple iPad® tablet and Windows notebook PCs at Cmed Technology's booths today through Wednesday at two conferences: the 2010 Annual SCDM (Society of Clinical Data Management) Conference, Booth 715, at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis and the PhUSE (Pharmaceutical Users Software Exchange) Conference 2010, Stand 12, at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Berlin.
Timaeus is a unified eClinical platform for electronic trial design, electronic data capture (EDC), monitoring, medical coding, data management (for electronic, paper and hybrid trials) and real-time reporting. Its unique architecture uses advanced distributed computing and mobile technologies to provide the freedom to manage any type of data, for any protocol, anywhere. Timaeus is purpose-built to respond on-demand to the dynamic needs of studies:
- Design: Support both simple and complex protocols right out of the box.
- Start-Up: Operate globally wherever investigators and patients are located.
- Go-live: Incrementally go-live with pages or validation checks as they are created and approved, speeding data capture.
- Conduct: Eliminate the need to manage maintenance windows of global studies.
- Modification: Execute amendments worldwide without site interruption.
- Reporting: Analyze results through real-time reporting.
Timaeus 5 adds new advances to streamline operation:
- Ease of use: Improved usability to simplify: data access; data entry; resolution of upfront validation errors; and response to manual queries.
- Flexibility: Integration of dynamic forms with Timaeus' native adaptive trial functionality to support unscheduled visits and pages in an intuitive, efficient manner.
- Freedom: Extended operational capabilities that allow study teams to choose from an expanded range of Internet browsers and mobile and portable computing appliances.
- Efficiency: Streamlined interaction between investigators and monitors to improve efficiency and clarity of targeted source data verification (SDV) -- on-site and during remote monitoring.
- Insight: Expansion of Timaeus' built-in reporting through addition of clinical business intelligence capabilities and live streaming of data into life sciences hubs and analytics systems.
Timaeus 5 also expands the choices to use eClinical in the way that is best for each study location:
- Timaeus Web: Standard Internet-based operation using Windows® Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox® or Apple Safari®.
- Timaeus Mobile: Full access to data and functionality using Linux-based clinical appliances and Intel®-based Mobile Clinical Assistants (MCAs) that travel wherever study teams go.
- Timaeus HotSpot: The industry's first portable eClinical suite that provides clinicians autonomous, reliable operation using any WiFi-enabled device.
Timaeus HotSpot is the latest in Cmed Technology's line of products empowering research organizations and study teams to operate more efficiently, in more places, with more freedom and flexibility. It extends an autonomous "piece" of the Timaeus cloud inside the clinic using a dedicated, secure eClinical hub, which not only captures, cleans and transmits data in real time but also provides a range of other functions. Study investigators, nurses and monitors gain immediate, high-speed dedicated access to full data capture, management and reporting functionality -- for multiple trials. They also have the freedom to pick the technology interface that they most prefer. Additionally, research organizations managing these trials can provision clinics quickly and at low cost as well as maintain full data communication without needing dedicated high-speed Internet connections.
"Timaeus' forward-looking architecture has allowed us to repeatedly harness innovation as it occurs, such as the recent developments in tablet and mobile computing," said Timothy Corbett-Clark, Cmed Technology's Chief Technology Officer. "This lets our customers take advantage of new technology advances without sacrificing their investments in our proven, regulatory-compliant eClinical infrastructure."
PhUSE President Stephen Bamford is pleased that conference attendees will be able to preview Cmed Technology's on-demand eClinical products alongside all the other available industry technologies. "PhUSE consists of almost 1,500 selected technical members in the pharmaceutical and CRO industries, and about one-quarter of them will be attending the Berlin conference," said Bamford. "PhUSE is committed in providing conference participants with a first look of innovative eClinical solutions, such as those from Cmed Technology and all other providers."
The flexibility of Timaeus' distributed, cloud computing architecture provides several benefits, including the ability to rapidly scale computing resources up or down, eliminate capital investment and depreciation, and reduce internal IT infrastructure's footprint or expand IT's capability by incorporating private, secure cloud computing in the overall IT strategy. Timaeus 5 is available in two options with simple pricing schemes for customers. Timaeus-as-a-Service is offered as software-as-a-service (SaaS) in which Cmed Technology runs the operations or Timaeus Enterprise, a turnkey infrastructure in which customers operate their own cloud using their own IT teams within their data centers.
About Cmed Technology
Cmed Technology, an eClinical technology provider, offers a single platform for electronic trial design, paper and electronic data capture, monitoring, coding, data management and reporting. Its Timaeus eClinical platform has been built to respond on-demand to the needs of investigators, data managers and study teams. Timaeus' unique architecture uses advanced distributed cloud computing and mobile technologies to provide the freedom to manage any type of data, for any protocol, anywhere. Timaeus has been used in every phase of clinical research -- including early phase, pivotal and late phase studies as well as in globally established and emerging markets -- covering single-unit clinics to multi-thousand person studies operating across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. A privately held subsidiary of Cmed Group Ltd. since 2002 with roots from the University of Oxford, Cmed Technology has offices in the United Kingdom, United States and Romania. To learn how Cmed Technology is advancing eClinical trials in an on-demand world, visit http://www.cmedtechnology.com.
SOURCE Cmed Technology