AMSTERDAM and CHICAGO, Nov. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today unveiled a series of intelligent and comprehensive connected radiology solutions at the 2016 Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting (RSNA), beginning November 27 through December 1 at McCormick Place in Chicago. At the Philips booth (#6735), RSNA attendees will experience a new portfolio of digital imaging systems, intelligent software and services to enhance diagnostics, improve patient care and operational efficiencies.
Radiology is at the center of the majority of healthcare decisions, driving the timely detection and accurate diagnosis and treatment of disease at its earliest stages. As health organizations continue to move toward value-based care, they need intelligent solutions to meet the challenges they face in improving outcomes, lowering cost of healthcare delivery and enhancing patient satisfaction.
"Radiologists are playing a pivotal role in determining the right path to the right treatment," said Robert Cascella, CEO, Diagnosis and Treatment, Philips. "More than ever before, the identification and effective treatment of disease is dependent upon advanced diagnostics. Philips is delivering the most innovative digital imaging systems combined with intelligent informatics for decision support, to enable a first-time-right approach to definitive diagnoses."
At this year's RSNA, Philips will unveil new technologies and showcase its full suite of integrated radiology solutions.
Enhancing Diagnostic Confidence
Philips' solutions enable faster and more definitive diagnoses the first time, to help enhance patient care and improve financial outcomes. In addition to its recently unveiled suite of magnetic resonance (MR)-based applications, dedicated to resolving complex neurological questions with greater certainty, Philips will highlight digital imaging systems including:
- IQon Spectral CT, the industry's first and only detector-based spectral CT scanner that delivers spectral results 100 percent of the time in a single scan.
- Vereos, the world's first and only fully digital PET/CT system featuring Philips proprietary Digital Photon Counting (DPC) technology, which offers approximately twice the volumetric resolution, sensitivity gain and quantitative accuracy compared to analog1 systems.
- Attendees will also experience Philips' Best in KLAS Ultrasound solutions including Lumify ultra-mobile solution, which expands the use of ultrasound at the clinician level from any compatible Android smart device, helping to enable an earlier diagnosis.
Advanced Informatics to Deliver Actionable Insights and Enhance Productivity
Critical radiology decision support depends on clinical informatics and advanced cloud-based solutions to improve clinical decision making and operational performance management. From new adaptive intelligence and advanced visualization capabilities, to its new universal data management and continuous improvement solutions, Philips' integrated software, solutions and services, powered by Philips HealthSuite, are designed to extend and enhance decision support for radiologists and administrators alike, including:
- IntelliSpace Portal 9.0, the latest edition of Philips comprehensive, advanced visual analysis and quantification platform, featuring a suite of multi-modality functions and expanded neurological tools. IntelliSpace Portal 9.0 helps radiologists detect, diagnose and follow-up on treatment of diseases, while using new machine learning capabilities to support the physician.
- Philips' new high-performance IntelliSpace Universal Data Manager is a scalable, secure, interoperable data management solution that supports healthcare enterprises in organizing large data sets, including millions of images and other data from multiple sources, and quickly delivering them to virtually any clinician throughout their health network.
- Philips Illumeo is a new imaging and informatics technology with adaptive intelligence2 that redefines and enhances how radiologists work with medical images. Its built-in intelligence records the radiologists' preferences and adapts the user interface to assists the clinician by offering tool sets and measurements driven by the understanding of the clinical context.
- Making its debut at RSNA 2016 is Philips PerformanceBridge, a new suite of performance management software and services to assist radiology departments in enhancing productivity, improving the patient experience and delivering better value-based care. 'Powered' by HealthSuite, PerformanceBridge supports radiology department administrators in prioritizing operational improvements in asset management, equipment uptime and utilization, peer-to-peer collaboration, accreditation compliance and practice management.
Improving the Patient Experience
Philips' technologies are designed to speed the time between diagnosis and treatment to enable faster administration of treatment plans with greater accuracy and fewer scans. Patient anxiety and motion can prohibit successful scans the first time. Philips' state-of-the art clinical MR suite offers a soothing experience with imagery, sound and light, helping to keep patients at ease. Philips' advanced technologies include:
- Philips Ingenia 1.5 T In Bore with Ambient Experience, offering enhanced workflow, high quality images and a fast, comfortable patient set-up.
Philips will also host and participate in several events and research presentations throughout the week, including:
- Reinventing Radiology Forum Talks, throughout the show, at Philips Booth #6735 Philips experts and guest speakers will deliver brief sessions highlighting the role, impact and evolution of radiology. For a full schedule of forum talks, visit www.philips.com/rsna .
- Insight Night, Tuesday, November 29, 6:00-7:30 p.m., at McCormick Place Moderated by noted tech journalist and author David Kirkpatrick of Techonomy Media, this session will explore "The Facebook Effect on Radiology: How digital health, connected care and social media will impact you, your patients and your specialty." The event will include discussions featuring Royal Philips CEO Frans van Houten, guest speakers Dave deBronkart ("ePatient Dave"), and Dr. James Rawson, Chair of the Department of Radiology & Imaging at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. The event is open to all RSNA attendees. Register at http://techonomy.com/RSNA .
For more information on Philips' presence at the 2016 Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, visit www.philips.com/rsna and follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for #RSNA16 updates throughout the event.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Group Communications
Tel: +1 978-221-8919
Philips Group Communications
Tel: + 1 412-523-9616
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 70,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
1GEMINI TF 16
2Adaptive intelligence is seen as an emerging concept of combining domain specific models and knowledge (e.g. in the field of Radiology) and Artificial Intelligence to create an adaptive and contextual experience, anticipating users and augmenting their work. The current release of Philips Illumeo exhibits the first step into Adaptive Intelligence.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161123/442563
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161123/442564
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161123/442565
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140122/NE50581LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-introduces-new-data-driven-intelligent-solutions-connecting-patients-practitioners-and-processes-at-the-2016-radiological-society-of-north-america-meeting-300368234.html
SOURCE Royal Philips