Peakdale Molecular Ltd. Holds Fourth Successful "Synthesis In Drug Discovery And Development" Symposium In The Heart Of Liverpool
11/1/2016 11:27:38 AM
Peakdale Molecular Limited, a UK-based provider of drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and part of the Concept Life Sciences Group, recently held its fourth ‘Synthesis in Drug Discovery and Development’ symposium in Liverpool which explored the complex areas regarding drug discovery and development.
The symposium, which took place in the heart of Liverpool at the Liverpool Hope University, was attended by over 100 scientists and managers from pharmaceutical, agrochemical and biotechnology companies as well as students and academics from universities and research institutions.
Delegates enjoyed a series of stimulating and thought provoking talks delivered by a selection of handpicked specialist speakers from both industry and academic institutions including:
• Professor David Spring (University of Cambridge) Enriching Chemical Space to Drug Undruggable Targets
• Dr Matilda Bingham (RedX Pharma) Solubility and SAR Optimisation of a Series of Novel Smoothened Inhibitors
Dr Adam Burrell (Pfizer) Development of Post-Launch Next Generation API Processes: A Pfizer Perspective
• Professor Paul O’Neill (University of Liverpool) Synthesis of Candidate Antimalarial Tetraoxanes and Chemical Biology Probes to Define the Antimalarial Mechanism of Action of the Artemisinins
• Professor Ian Baxendale (University of Durham) Expeditions in Flow Chemical Synthesis
• Barrie Martin (C4X Discovery) Synthetic approaches to conformationally restricted selective Orexin 1 antagonists
• Dr Rebecca Brimage (Peakdale Molecular) Towards New Hepatitis C Treatments: The Synthesis of Potent Non-Structural Protein 5A (NS5A) Inhibitors
• David House (GSK) Aromatic Amines and the AMES Test: Developing in Silico Predictions
The symposium was supported by 16 exhibitors from various leading life science organisations and featured a poster competition, which saw over 20 delegates contributing scientific posters based on the day’s theme of ‘Synthesis in Drug Discovery and Development’.
Paul Doyle, Chief Operating Officer from Peakdale commented “Our ‘Synthesis in Drug Discovery and Development' symposium is a much anticipated event in the Peakdale calendar. It provides those within the drug discovery and development sector the opportunity to network with other key players from the industry and discuss the issues and latest developments in the field. We have received positive feedback from delegates and would like to thank all those who attended, exhibited and shared discussions on the day to make it such a successful event”.
Peakdale holds the popular ‘Synthesis in Drug Discovery and Development’ symposiums on a biennial basis for those involved in drug discovery and development to explore and discuss the complex areas within this sector in the UK. This year’s event followed on from previous symposiums which have taken place in Manchester (2010), Sheffield (2012) and Leeds (2014). Planning is already underway for Peakdale’s 5th Symposium which is due to take place in September 2018.
Notes to editors:
For media information please contact:
Vane Percy & Roberts
About Peakdale Molecular:
• Peakdale Molecular (part of the Concept Life Sciences Group) is a leading UK-based provider of drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics and materials sciences.
• Peakdale is renowned for skills in problem-solving and open communications, and its scientists pride themselves in seizing the initiative, providing energy, skill and creativity toward the project objectives. Peakdale Molecular operates on two sites, from its headquarters in the Peak District and at Discovery Park located at Sandwich, Kent.
• For more information about Peakdale’s 5th symposium please contact Sarah Barratt, Group Head of Marketing, Concept Life Sciences email@example.com
• For more information about Peakdale Molecular visit http://www.peakdale.co.uk/
comments powered by