AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Luminex Corporation (NASDAQ:LMNX) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016. Financial and operating highlights include the following:
- Consolidated third quarter revenue of $71.2 million, an 18% increase compared to the third quarter of 2015.
- In the third quarter, Nanosphere contributed revenue of $7.4 million, growth of more than 50% over year-ago period.
- GAAP net income for the third quarter was $2.8 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter was $9.1 million, or $0.21 per diluted share (see Non-GAAP reconciliation).
- In August, we received FDA clearance for the ARIES® Flu A/B & RSV assay as well as Emergency Use Authorization for the xMAP® MultiFLEX Zika RNA Assay.
- Appointed Tadd S. Lazarus, MD to the position of senior vice president and chief medical officer effective October 31, 2016. Previously, Dr. Lazarus served as chief medical officer at Qiagen, Inc. and chief medical officer and vice president of clinical affairs at Gen-Probe Inc. (now Hologic).
"We are pleased to report another quarter of record revenue, driven by our molecular business, which now includes Nanosphere.
To read full press release, please click here.