Manager, Medical Communications - Cardiovascular
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine. We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing a Manager, Medical Communications - Cardiovascular opportunity in our Northbrook, IL location.
As a Manager, Medical Communications you will be responsible for US medical communications strategy for CV/Lexiscan, Adenoscan, Vaprisol. This includes medical review for promotional review team (MAP), active participation in appropriate committees and represent Astellas at medical meetings/conferences/Advisory Boards/global brand team meetings with a high level of communication skills.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for US medical communications strategy for CV/Lexiscan, Adenoscan through consolidation of input from appropriate stakeholders with associated identification of key clinical issues and gaps
- Manages the development, review and maintenance of medical communications including, but not limited to, medical information standard content, AMCP dossiers, product bibliographies and scientific affairs presentations/content
- Responds to medical information requests that have been escalated from the call center
- Provides product education to call center, scientific liaisons, sales force and other departments as requested
- Responsible as strategic lead for medical communications content at monthly therapeutic area meetings
- Responsible as medical review within promotional review team (MAP)
- Responsible for active participation in appropriate committees including but not limited to, investigator-initiated trials (IIT) and publication review.
- Represents Astellas at medical meetings/conferences/Advisory Boards/global brand team meetings with a high level of communication skills.
- Collaborates with groups outside Astellas US (global group, co-development/marketing partners, licensees, etc)
- Manages multiple products commensurate with level
- Manages personnel commensurate with level
- Health Care professional (MS, BS-Pharmacy/PharmD +/- residency preferred, RN, PhD, MD)
- Manager: At least 2-3 years clinical practice experience and/or 2-3 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Has a very thorough understanding of legal/regulatory/compliance requirements and guidelines with respect to medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to review/understand complex scientific and medical data from clinical and non clinical trials and summarize content in both written and verbal forms is needed.
- Has a very thorough knowledge of medical terminology, most company products and pharmaceutical industry workings.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Responsible for handling multiple projects with a high level of efficiency.
- Drug Information experience
E-Mail to a Friend
Add to Job Folder