The Global Blood Therapeutics Facilities Manager will lead the strategy and implementation in developing a productive, enjoyable and safe work and laboratory environment for the South San Francisco facilities. This candidate will ensure the delivery of daily office and laboratory activities and employee programs through close collaboration with the Director of IT & Facilities. We're looking for a self-motivated individual who can recognize and solve problems without direction and lead and develop a committed staff. This candidate will not only have to be experienced in traditional facilities operations but also have the ability to grow and develop with the company culture.
• Manage the South San Francisco workplace and facilities consisting of approximately 40,000 square feet growing to 70,000 square feet.
• Lead, manage and develop 2 full-time employees and numerous contracted employees and services
• Manage all day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, furniture procurement, moves/adds/changes, food services, shipping/receiving, mail, janitorial services, reception, company events planning, ticketing response.
• Manage the relationships with landlords, maintenance, security and IT personnel to maximize a smooth delivery of services
• Develop and manage budgets with strong financial, contract, and purchasing skills
• Manage vendor relationships from the RFP process through contract deployment
• Manage contractors for facilities maintenance and improvements including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, utilities, HVAC, and hazardous materials.
• Review existing contracts and vendor relationships and periodically ensure competitive pricing and services
• Provide oversight of maintenance of laboratory equipment; certifying instrument performance, service and repair
• Developing organizational, operations and troubleshooting procedures and ensuring staff compliance
• Write and oversee lab safety protocols and compliance
• Conduct orientation and annual safety training for new hires and all lab personnel
• Perform regular property inspections for assessment of overall condition
• 5+ years of facilities management experience with at least 2 years of management/leadership experience
• Proven skill in strategic planning, forecasting, capital and annual budgeting
• First-hand knowledge of facilities and laboratory maintenance and repair functions (e.g. plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and hazardous materials.)
• Experience in a fast-paced and growing life science company a definite plus
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Customer service oriented