Location: San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley area).
Must reside in San Diego, California or its vicinities as company does not offer relocation assistance.
No Agencies or Recruiters contact.
Core Competencies: Leadership, Lean Operations experience, Communication, Customer Service Orientation, Inventory Control
• Promote and Create a Culture of Continuous Improvement of the Internal Business Processes of the Department and the Organization.
• Take ownership over the workflow of shipment processing operations / receiving processing operations and prioritize a Lean Operations approach to workflow design.
• Develop with management a set of metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Warehouse and Distribution activities.
• Recruit, train, mentor, develop, retain and /or terminate members of the Warehouse and Distribution Team.
• Manage a cycle counting program. Allocate manpower. Maintain and improve work instructions and procedures. Drive cross training initiatives. Respond to customer complaints in a timely, effective and professional manner. Manage the Warehouse and Distribution departmental budget. Perform other duties needed.
• Work in coordination with other departments to research and solve problems with the Customer’s Perspective in mind.
• Identify areas both within the functions of the department that throughout the organization that can drive more growth, increase profitability and preserve working capital.
• Monitor and evaluate the tools, and equipment of the Warehouse & Distribution Department in consideration of the company’s objectives. Maintain their safekeeping, and proper maintenance at all times and promote continuous maintenance activities to team members. Anticipate and recommend improvements and investment where needed.
• Maintain a clean and highly organized warehouse environment, always ready for inspection by management and customers. Embrace a Lean 5S culture in the workplace.
Job Specifications / Skills:
1. Bachelor’s degree or specialized certificate(s) in Operations, Logistics or related field preferred.
2. Five (5) to seven (7) years progressively responsible related experience.
3. Three (3) years supervisory experience in a commercial warehouse environment.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and international shipping documents, procedures, and software relating to shipping activities.
5. Computer experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Ability to manage projects, coordinate activities clearly in a well-organized manner.
9. Willingness to accept additional duties and responsibilities.
10. Ability to work independently while keeping management appropriately informed.
11. Ability to work and to meet deadlines in a fast paced and challenging environment.
12. Forklift license strongly desired.
Biotix, Inc., offers an innovative working environment driven by innovation and dedicated culture that strives at working together in order to achieve the Company's goals. Come and be part of a growing and innovative organization!
Interested parties please send Cover Letter and Resume, including salary requirements to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Warehouse Manager
Company offers a competitive compensation package, including affordable Health benefits for employees and their families, among other benefits.
This job does not offer relocation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer, encourage diversity and innovation!
No Calls – No Recruiters/Agencies please.