Vendor Manager - US - Gaithersburg, MD
We lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine.
Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting best in class (internal and external) talent to meet the needs and demands of the business.
Talent Acquisition at AstraZeneca is transforming. Our ambition is to build a world class function by being more proactive with our recruitment approach and developing long term pipelines of talent. We are passionate about delivering a truly differentiated candidate experience and are building in house teams to deliver this for the business. If you are motivated by the opportunity to drive that change then join us! The Role
As Vendor Manager based at our offices in Gaithersburg, US you have overall responsibility for managing and partnering with external partners for AstraZeneca and Medimmune. Leading the integration of tools and systems and driving our values, brand and Employee Value Proposition via our external partners. You will be the expert who strives for best practice, excellence and consistency.
With a focus on day-to-day operations as well as building creative strategies in partnership with our Global Talent Acquisition Leads your operations mind-set will provide you with insights into external market trends and internal talent acquisition trends. You will provide training and guidance to HR Business Partners, Recruitment Partners and Hiring Manager on engaging with suppliers and best practice with selection and compliance.
Working closely with our Global Talent Acquisition Leads you will also assist in creating recruitment strategies for key areas of the business. You will partners with COE’s to assist with the development and local implementation of enterprise wide processes and tools aligned with Global and local standards. Service delivery is key and you will align these needs and provide metrics and analytics to ensure that performance against SLA’s/KPI’s is met.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of recruitment/staffing vendors – including, but not limited to, RPO, MSP, ERMO, search agencies, job boards and recruiting technologies.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant vendor management experience
- Deep knowledge of the recruitment & staffing process and the ways that vendors (including RPO, MSP/ERMO, Agencies & recruitment technology) are leveraged to complement internal support
- Knowledge of the policies, process and procedures pertaining to multiple recruitment-related services – including hiring of both full-time employees (FTE) & externally managed resources (EMR)
- A strong track record of recruitment services delivery – encompassing both FTE & EMR recruitment
- Proactive & consultative approach to business problems and bringing consistent, scalable solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and comfortable with analysing and presenting data
- Team Player – Collaborative style of working, sharing successes with wider team
- Capability of building credibility with matrix team members Tenacity and resilience
- Inquisitive, Curious personality, enjoys learning and discovery
- Delivery focused, with a strong customer service mentality
- BS/BA degree
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry knowledge and experience preferred but not required
- Invests significant time and effort in being highly knowledgeable on both the current “best in class” Vendor methods/solutions, but also the new, “up and coming” methods/solutions.
- Experience delivering new technology, programs and processes to a multi-country population
- Experience leading a large recruitment services (FTE or EMR) program
- Experience running supplier business reviews and resolving escalations regarding service delivery
- Experienced people manager with ability to manage performance and personal development
No Relocation Offered Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.