If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Training Specialist II in Boulder, CO, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As Training Specialist II, you will be responsible for administration of the learning management system to meet site training needs. You will support multiple functions with training requests including developing training curricula and material, and delivery of training at the Boulder Manufacturing site.
Your essential functions include, but are not limited to administration of training requests in LMS system by processing requests for assignments, completion and overall system management. Assist in developing and maintaining training metrics to drive performance improvements. Assist in collecting and providing training key performance indicators (KPI's). Assist in metrics data analysis to support continuous improvement. Monitor department training compliance and report to management.
You will assist clients from various functional groups in development of new course material, including instructor led, on the job, assessments and web-based training. Deliver group and individual instruction and training. Conduct needs analysis and lead development of training curricula. Select or develop training aids including training manuals, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference materials. Coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs. Evaluate effectiveness of training and development programs, and utilize relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods. Review instructor performance and recommend improvements to program content and/or instructor presentation methods. May recruit, select, and train instructors. Support inspection and audit requests by providing reports or documents. Conduct new hire orientation sessions including overview of the learning management system, intro to GMP and good documentation practices. Support roll out of global and site training programs for new system implementation.
- Three years prior pharmaceutical or biopharma experience including at least 2 years of experience in a training role.
- Previous experience working with learning management software
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Teaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to assess training needs and objectives
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training programs and initiatives including training plans, curricula, and methodology
- Demonstrate proficiency in GMP documentation
- Strong ability to teach others and assess understanding of topics by trainees.
- Strong ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Strong ability to influence in a team environment and collaborate with peers.
- Responsible for scheduling and updating training assignments to ensure site maintains training compliance for standard operating procedures and related training documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to create presentations and report to senior management and industry audiences.
- Prior experience in Good Manufacturing Practice and compliance management environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. May substitute an additional four years training administration experience for degree.
- Experience working with Sharepoint and Saba
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law