At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Training Manager, Access Services in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Training Manager, Access Services, will be responsible for ensuring that program operational staff have functional knowledge of the case management system and processes, holistic understanding of the reimbursement landscape, and exhibit exceptional customer service and objection handling skills. Primary focuses will be on assessment, development, and implementation of learning systems/curricula to support the Access 360 team.
The Training Manager, Access Services will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation, and implementation of training for the Access 360 team to include logistics, communications, material development (when applicable), documentation, and vendor team training. Work closely with Access 360 QA & Training leadership to manage day-to-day operations in support of the Access 360 training program and related activities. Work collaboratively with the Commercial Learning & Development team to create, execute, and manage a robust training program, including new hire and ongoing training, for Access 360 staff. Provide reporting and database management to maintain full training attendance, performance records, and meet legal requirements for compliance reporting. Ensure all communications, planning, materials, and records are managed to meet the needs of the Access 360 training program.
- Minimum of 2 years of Training experience strongly desired
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with the commitment to see projects to their completion
- Demonstrates creative thinking and a willingness to implement new approaches
- Possesses excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Requires computer expertise in MS Office and business writing skills
- Successful demonstration of adaptability / flexibility
- Demonstrated pragmatic thinking: ability to integrate divergent information and develop project plans and actions
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-orientation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, dependable and flexible in an environment of continuous change
- Highly motivated individual, willing to accept responsibility and to continuously learn
- Master's degree preferred
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience
- Experience leading class room environment training (preferably in a corporate capacity)
- Experience in adult learning principles/competency modeling
- Financial budget management
- Relevant healthcare/insurance experience with biologics
- Billing/Coding background in buy and bill as Specialty Pharmacy market
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is preferred, e.g., case management, customer service & operations, etc.
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Managing without authority
- Understanding of project management fundamentals
- Ability to develop strategic plan/vision and execute
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Effective organizational management
- Foster proactive quality improvements
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficient competency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.