• Are you looking to apply your Toxicology knowledge, experience and leadership to a wide variety of health care products?
• Are you intrigued by the prospect of working with dozens of different client companies in the pharm/biopharm and medical device industries?
Pacific BioLabs (PBL), a contract research organization (CRO) located in Hercules, CA, is searching for an Associate Director/Director, Toxicology. The successful candidate will help lead the Toxicology Department (PBL’s largest) ensuring that the department satisfies the needs of PBL clients and complies with applicable standards and industry regulations. Additionally, the Associate Director/Director will cultivate long-term relationships with clients, and develop and maintain systems to ensure the long term success of the Toxicology Department. The position reports to the Vice President, Toxicology.
PBL is committed to being the “Service Leader in Bioscience Testing.” Studies at PBL are conducted in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and, when requested, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations by a diverse team of dedicated scientists and support personnel focused on exceptional service and quality. With a 30+ year history of technical, regulatory, and business excellence, PBL offers a challenging yet stable workplace and a positive company culture.
In fulfilling this role the Associate Director/Director will:
1. Independently oversee the day to day operations of the Toxicology Department (including the vivarium) in the execution of contracted in-life toxicology, medical device biocompatibility, pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies with new and existing clients.
2. Manage and oversee Toxicology Department Managers and Study Directors in the design and execution of studies ensuring early/on-time delivery of results/reports.
3. Review and approve outgoing client study reports.
4. Play a lead role in maintaining a rigorous training program for new and current testing personnel.
5. Play a lead role in projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed in the Toxicology Department.
6. Contribute to Business Development through active participation with Client Account Managers and inter-departmental Managers/Directors in client conference calls, study quoting/costing and visiting local Bay Area clients.
7. Assume Study Director Responsibilities as needed.
• A Ph.D. in Toxicology, Pharmacology or other relevant scientific discipline with a minimum of 6-10 years of experience.
• Proven ability to manage scientific personnel.
• Experience in managing a small to mid-size vivarium. Management of a multi-species vivarium is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of current industry standards in toxicology and pharmacology testing with a strong desire to broaden internal services.
• Good understanding of bioanalytical techniques and methodology.
• Must possess critical thinking and communication skills appropriate for advanced problem solving.
• Strong knowledge base and experience in writing and reviewing Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs).
• Must be able to analyze data and draw conclusions based on relevant guidelines and standards.
PBL offers a compensation package that will be commensurate with education and experience, which includes a benefits package (401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental plans).