Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company's first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa's rich legacy in polymer science. Relypsa was founded in 2007 and, in September 2016, became a Vifor Pharma company. More information is available at www.relypsa.com.
Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, Veltassa® is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa®.
Reporting to the Division Sales Manager, the Territory Account Manager is a field-based sales position calling on Health Care Professionals involved in the treatment of hyperkalemia. The individual is responsible for all aspects of sales, market development, strategic business planning and implementation for patiromer and/or other future Relypsa products. Accounts and customers include nephrologists, cardiologists and their staffs both in private practice and in academic (teaching) centers and hospitals. The Territory Account Manager should have a strong background of working through processes like pharmacy and therapeutics committees at hospitals, account specific protocol development and/or some type of account based selling background. The position will be responsible for achieving or exceeding assigned quarterly and annual sales goals. Territory covers: Central New York including: Syracuse, Binghamton, Watertown, Utica
• Meeting all sales objectives for Relypsa products.
• Selling the benefits and attributes of Relypsa products to all key customers: physicians, nurses, renal dieticians, pharmacists, hospitals and others as assigned.
• Demonstrating advanced and articulate product knowledge of patiromer, competitive products, and renal and cardiovascular specialties.
• Establishing positive and productive relationships among marketplace networks within the territory
• Prioritizing efforts and resources based on an understanding of products, territories, and the marketplace for effective coverage of key customers and networks.
• Analyzing sales performance and adjusts business plan and approach accordingly.
• Maintaining up-to-date call records for physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and other field contacts, and submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
• Developing and maintaining a positive business climate for the company.
• Representing a positive and professional image of Relypsa externally and internally.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Proven track record as a top sales performer
• Previous experience in launching new products or indications
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen are required
• Ability to prioritize and execute on plan
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of account based selling
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Maintained highest ethical standards
• High drive for results
• Customer focus
• Strong ethical standards and desire to operate in a compliant fashion
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast passed, start-up environment with limited preexisting processes
• Strong team player
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.