Vertex is a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. In addition to our clinical development programs focused on cystic fibrosis, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs aimed at other serious and life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Mass., Vertex today has research and development sites and commercial offices in the United States, Europe, Canada and Australia. For four years in a row, Science magazine has named Vertex one of its Top Employers in the life sciences. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
**6-month Temporary Assignment**
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking an inventive, well-organized temporary scientific associate to develop formulations of small molecule chemical entities to support PK, pharmacology, and toxicology studies at our San Diego site. The scientific associate will conduct pre-formulation evaluations (solubility, crystallinity, DSC, TGA, Physical and Chemical stability, form evaluations, etc.) of candidate molecules, and support Vertex DMPK group with various formulations technologies (solution, suspensions, emulations and SDDs) on a daily basis to enable IV and Oral PK studies in various animal species.
- BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Materials Science or a related field
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as HPLC methods to enable evaluation of early stage discovery compounds is a must
- 1 to 3 years of industrial experience working with small molecule NCEsBroad experience with pre-formulation evaluations of preclinical candidate molecules
- Working knowledge with a range of dosage forms, including solution, suspension and IV formulations to support PK, pharmacology, and toxicology studies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team that works within defined timelines
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.