Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
We are headquartered in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco, and we also have an office in Brisbane, CA, 10 miles south of San Francisco and in Basel, Switzerland. This position will be located in Novato, CA.
We are seeking a highly motivated Temporary Research Associate II in Novato, CA with experience in bioanalytical assays and protein purification. The incumbent will provide bioanalytical assay support to the research group. Should have the ability to work closely with cross-functional groups within the company and be able to effectively communicate data and results in research/project team meetings. Additionally, this individual will have the capacity to produce high quality results across multiple projects, prioritizing demands while working under short deadlines all of which are associated with a fast-paced and dynamic scientific environment.
• Perform and trouble-shoot analytical, cellular and biochemical assays required to support experiments in the research group (including HPLC, ELISA, enzyme activity assays, protein quantitation assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and immunoprecipitation)
• Some assay development may also be performed
• Purification of recombinant proteins and antibodies at lab-scale
• Provide quantitation analysis and interpretation of data using statistical software
• Evaluate moderately complex methods and technologies, identify new areas requiring evaluation, adapt existing processes and develop new ones
• Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook and perform other tasks and projects as assigned
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree is required in Biological Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in performing analytical, biochemical and cellular assays and protein purification
• Broad experience in analytical and biochemical assays including but not limited to -- SDS-PAGE, enzyme activity measurements using a plate reader, Western blot, ELISA, HPLC/UPLC, spectrophotometry, multiplexing MSD/Luminex, and qPCR
• Experience in use of high-throughput and high-content technology in performing analytical assays
• Experience with performing cellular and biochemical assays on animal tissue homogenates, protein/RNA isolation
• Requires great attention to detail, time management and organization skills, ability to take direction as well as accurate record keeping
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with other team members
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.