Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
We are headquartered in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco, and we also have an office in Brisbane, CA, 10 miles south of San Francisco.
The temporary Buyer role will manage all procurement activity regarding the review and conversion of requisitions to purchase orders for all Ultragenyx departments. A successful candidate must have strong analytical capabilities, procurement experience within the pharmaceutical/life sciences industry, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to resolve procure-to-pay issues. The candidate will be a creative problem solver who is passionate about delivering outstanding customer service to all customers, internal or external. This position reports to the Manager, Procurement.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• The buyer will review all purchase requisitions and convert them to purchase orders ensuring data accuracy
• Perform data analysis on supplier spend and recommend cost saving proposals
• Assist with employee training on iProcurement requisition system
• Buyer will assist with the administration of the corporate RFP process. Activities may include supplier sourcing, facilitating bids, and bid analysis.
• The buyer will be a liaison for procure-to-pay issues working with Accounts Payable and internal customers to ensure timeliness of vendor payments and swift resolution of problem PO’s and invoices
• Maintain and promote strong relationships with all internal customers
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• 2-5 years of experience in Procurement in pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industry
• Experience working with Oracle R12 and iProcurement
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• General understanding of basic accounting principles, internal controls, and SOX
• Strong Excel Skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Self-motivated team player
• High level of customer focus
• Experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• CPIM/CPM certification a plus
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability,marital and veteran status.