Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2016 and beyond. Want to use your experience to help save lives? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality.
We are seeking a Study Director to join our team, coordinate and monitor preclinical studies in efficacy and toxicology. This role will leverage program management knowledge in order to organize all project activities, generate detailed timelines, coordinating project goals and objectives, tracking and coordinating efforts across team members, facilitate effective information flow and prepare status reports.
Meaningful Things You’ll Do:
• Supporting the study design and accurately estimating timelines for preclinical tasks
• Collaborates with the team to develop submission protocols
• Coordinating and monitoring preclinical studies in efficacy and toxicology to drive successful completion
• Maintain updated records on all projects in the pipeline
• Manages relationships with vendors and other external partners including managing all outsourcing
• Prepares reports and effectively communicate activities to leadership
• Performs related duties as required or assigned
• Meet challenging project schedules and preclinical strategies
• Accurately estimate timelines for preclinical tasks and determines priorities
• Be excited about working in a dynamic start-up company
• Highly detail oriented
• Be a self-starter that isn’t afraid to learn new skills
• Have a proven track record of productivity, effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Enjoy working as part of a team and making those around you successful
Education and Experience:
• 3 Years of preclinical experience
• 1-2 years study or project management
• MS in a science-related field
More About Our Culture:
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to deliver great engineering!
• Say what we’ll do and then do it. As a small team, we’ve accomplished an incredible amount in a short time.
• Are technical polymaths. If it’s technical, we either know about it or want to learn about it.
• Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
• Work in the office as much as is necessary, but are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
• Are focused on making serious progress while acknowledging and paying for technical debt.
What We Offer:
• Good salaries and good benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
• Stock options
• Catered lunch most days and fully stocked kitchen
• Flexible work hours and Friday demo days/happy hours
• Relaxed office in San Mateo and flexible work hours
• Company offsites and retreats including a whole week in the summer when we close up shop and go on vacation
Our corporate office is in San Mateo and the remote-controlled lab is in the South Bay.