Pfizer - La Jolla, CA
6 months (15-20 Hrs /Week)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated worker who wants to be a part of Pfizer Oncology to help bring cancer therapeutics to patients.
R&D Assistant's primary responsibilities will include:
- Animal handling
- Assisting with Animal procedure (i.e. necropsies, tissues and blood collections, dosing)
- Basic lab maintenance (i.e. Ordering and restocking of supplies)
- Basic cell culture (Maintaining and expanding cell lines) and tissue culture room maintenance.
- Make buffers and tube/vial labeling
Candidates are to have the following qualifications:
- Sophomore or Junior in standing on way to obtaining B.S. in Biology, Bioengineering or a related major
- Ideal candidates should be able to work 15-20 hours per week during the school year and more during the summer.
- Previous lab experience is highly preferred,
* We will provide initial training, but the ideal candidate will be able to work independently.