The primary focus will be on supporting the development of risk assessments and decision analyses that are designed to inform food safety and nutrition policies and programs within various Foods Programs. This involves collecting relevant data, developing appropriate statistical analyses of the data to inform model development, and assisting in the development of quantitative and semi-quantitative models. Models developed will include characterization of variability and uncertainty of model inputs and parameters and will use state-of-the-art statistical and computational methods. As our framework requires contributions from broad disparate disciplines such as statistics, microbiology, chemistry, engineering, epidemiology, and nutrition, we will apply our knowledge, expertise, and state-of-the-art technologies with contractual technical surge capacity.
The responsibilities of the Statistician include:
• Collect data and develop and maintain databases composed of new and relevant information describing foodborne pathogens in the environment and food supply, survival and growth characteristics of microbes, dose-response data, nutrition, and disease data, food supply chain processes and characteristics, illness outbreaks, and food recalls.
• Develop meta-analyses of data using statistically appropriate data analytic methods.
• Assist in the development of quantitative and semi-quantitative food safety and/or nutrition risk assessment (and risk ranking) models.
• Must possess a minimum Masters of Health Science degree with a minimum of
5 years of experience in statistical analysis in medical research.
• Proficient in statistical software, SAS and R.
• Must possess knowledge and understanding of model requirements and complexity often require knowledge and expertise in using a variety of software, particularly statistical, database and mathematical software such as R, SAS SQL, and Mathematica.
• Possess expertise in database management and programming, especially Microsoft SQL
Server & be proficient in SQL language.
• Must be experienced using the program Microsoft .NET platform and the database SQL Server.
• Extensive experience in rendering scientific advices based on research and literature review
• Teamwork with other scientists, supporting staffs and management for accomplishing tasks
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English are required.
• Must possess permission to work in the United States.
• Must possess the ability to focus on details, perform work efficiently and meet deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment as well as solo with minimum supervision.
“Goldbelt Falcon LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer”