As a State Government Affairs Director, you will be the voice of all public policy matters for a leading global pharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca. The role is for a highly engaged political leader who will work with government officials in the state of New York and other assigned states.
This position executes state government affairs campaigns (including strategic and tactical design and implementation) to influence legislation/regulation consistent with business objectives. Essential Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Based in New York
- 10+ years of lobbying experience
- Strong public speaking skills
- Requires strong negotiation and advocacy skills
- Requires knowledge of legislative, regulatory and political processes.
- Amenable to lobbyist's travel/schedule (including travel, late night, off-hour and weekend responsibilities) -- Up to 40 % travel is required
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Based in Albany, NY
- 10+ years of experience in Government, Politics or Government Affairs in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Requires strong interpersonal, communications (public speaking and writing) skills
- Requires strong internal stakeholder and alliance building capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally across sales, Managed Markets, medical affairs, and corporate affairs functions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed corporate environment is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in standard business software applications
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.