The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable function of 3 affiliated entities, including pSivida US, Inc. and its parent, pSivida Corp, a publicly traded biotech company listed on NASDAQ:PSDV and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:PVA).
• Open mail, match vendor invoices with purchase orders, G/L account coding, voucher input and posting, generating and mailing vendor checks, and maintain vendor files.
• Complete monthly general ledger close, including account analyses, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to G/L, preparation of journal entries to ensure the accuracy of accounting data and compliance with GAAP.
• P&L Flux analyses (year-over-year, sequential quarters and actual vs budget).
• Assist with preparation of quarterly financial statement footnotes information.
• Maintain an excel-based Fixed Asset system. Monthly asset additions, sales and depreciation/amortization expense.
• Back-up for processing semi-monthly ADP payroll, 401(K) upload.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Prior pharmaceutical, start up, small company experience preferred.
• 5-7 years of accounting experience.
• Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced Computer Skills in MS Office; SYMIX Accounting Software experience helpful, but not required.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
pSivida is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. pSivida also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.