Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We are a growing public Company and have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant to join our team. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day processing and recording of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up-to-date and accurate manner.
Job duties include:
• Enter invoices/vouchers into the Accounting system for payment processing in a timely manner
• Match all invoices with purchase orders, receiving documents, packing slips, etc., ensuring all invoices represent authorized, legitimate purchases
• Properly code and record expenses to the correct charge code/general ledger account and obtain appropriate department head approvals
• Maintain up-to-date vendor contacts including W-9’s and file/scan all documents
• Prepare form 1099’s
• Prepare and file sales tax returns
• Research and resolve vendor issues (billings and/or invoice discrepancies, etc.)
• Back-up monthly and quarterly duties assigned to staff accountant
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
• 2-3 years Accounting and Accounts Payable experience
• Knowledge of accounts payable processing and general accounting procedures (general ledger, period-end closing, reconciliations, etc.)
• Experience with Quickbooks or ERP
• Computer proficiency (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the company
• Highly detailed, motivated and strong sense of urgency, organized and an energetic team player
• Self-starter; takes ownership of work product
• Professional in dealing with both internal and external contacts
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.