Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to discover and characterize the function of novel non-coding RNAs expressed in the central nervous system. Non-coding RNAs have emerged as an exciting area of biology and their role in the central nervous system is not well understood. The position offers the opportunity to do groundbreaking science and discover novel biology in an organ that has received little attention. The selected candidate will become an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists in the Ionis neuroscience group.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry or molecular biology with a focus on RNA biology
• Post-doctoral research in the ncRNA field with a proven track record of innovative research, including publications in top tier scientific journals
• Proven track record of performing advanced laboratory techniques frequently used in ncRNA research including ChIP-seq, GRO-seq, RNA-seq, CLIP-seq, ChiRP, FISH, SHAPE, and CRISPR editing.
• Ability to work with iPSCs and/or mouse models of disease
• Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take risks
• Outstanding organizational, communication and team skills
• Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – PRINCIPALS ONLY
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer