Ardelyx® is building an integrated biopharmaceutical company with a gastrointestinal and cardio-renal focus. Our mission is to serve patients through the discovery, development and commercialization of minimally-systemic therapeutics that target intestinal receptors and transporters to address unmet medical needs.
We are a seeking scientist with extensive experience designing and conducting drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic studies. The ideal candidate would be able to work closely with bioanalytical scientists and the drug discovery project teams to characterize drug PK/ADME to guide and advance our small molecule drug discovery projects to development.
• Identify in vitro and in vivo drug metabolites and conduct profiling studies
• Design in vitro drug metabolizing enzyme induction/inhibition, stability, permeability, transporter, and protein/tissue binding studies
• Develop analytical methods to support DMPK studies
• Analysis and interpretation of scientific data
• Communication of data in technical reports and in presentations to project teams
• Provide scientific input and assist project teams make key decisions
• Train and supervise staff
• Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain analytical equipment
• Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline
• At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with in-depth knowledge of drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, DDI risk assessment, and PK models with a strong understanding of their applications to drug discovery and development
• Experience working on projects focused on oral drugs with low bioavailability and minimal systemic exposure
• High degree of technical expertise with multiple LC-MS systems and software from leading manufacturers
• Software proficiency: MS Office, Graphpad Prism, WinNonlin, PBPK modeling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to contribute to team goals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Experience managing studies at CROs and experience working in GLP-compliant laboratories
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will help develop therapeutics that are designed to act in the gastrointestinal tract with minimal systemic exposure. Our drug candidates target important diseases and conditions. We are developing novel therapeutic agents that address unmet medical needs, with agastrointestinal and cardio-renal focus.
We are seeking the best in class scientists, advanced thinkers, and people who thrive on collaboration to co-create the future. You will be working with some of the industry's best scientists in a team environment focused on world class research. Ardelyx offers a competitive total rewards package, perks and an innovative and dynamic culture.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.