Novartis is looking for a top-notch Senior Project Engineer with skills in pharmaceutical engineering and construction safety management and oversight. This role will lead and support highly technical projects involving automated equipment implementations, enhancements, and facility systems engineering improvements. This person will manage engineering projects ensuring all applicable Novartis policies, guidelines, and procedures are followed.
• Partners with internal stakeholders, and in compliance with Quality and Heath Safety & Environment requirements, in the design and implementation of systems enhancements or replacements using demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and facility equipment and processes.
• Plans, schedules, and coordinates engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification activities for projects ensuring effective communication and coordination between all parties.
• Leads engineering improvement projects while supporting the preparation of all manufacturing and support documentation (SOP’s, PM’s, Spare Parts Lists).
• Provides direction and regular contact to consultants, vendors, and contractors assigned to the project.
• Analyzes, prepares, and/or reviews reports, estimates, studies, specifications, drawings, test plans, and other data to execute work.
• Prepares project documents in accordance with engineering project playbook requirements as prescribed for the particular project scale.
• Prepares mark-ups of system and project drawings and prepares as-builts per local drawing management practices and COMOS system administration requirements.
• Ensures contractor safety programs, permit applications, and pre-qualifications meet Novartis requirements.
• Audits and reports on the use of HSE and GMP policies and procedures for compliance and ensure corrective actions are tracked and remediated.
• Serves as the engineering department’s lead HSE point of contact and communicator as it relates to Construction Safety.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
• A minimum of 10 years industry work experience is required with 8 years of project management or project engineering experience.
• Skills in AutoCAD, MS Office, Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel required.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Good organizational, administrative, and time-management skills.
• Self-motivated and able to remain productive with little supervision oversight.
• Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral required.
• A working knowledge of regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical industry is required.
• Good documentation and record keeping skills and attention to detail are essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate influencing and persuasion skills with an ability to drive decisions in project teams.
• Certified Safety Professional is preferred.
• PMP certification is preferred.
• COMOS experience is a big plus.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background preferred.
Please apply at www.novartis.com.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.