• Work within a production-based DNA synthesis and assembly pipeline as well as DNA sequencing pipelines for verification of synthetic DNA clones.
• Works closely with internal scientists on DNA synthesis and sequencing needs.
• Customer driven focus and willingness to manage numerous orders at once.
• Able to quickly troubleshoot in order to keep a project moving.
• Interfaces with scientific team members in order to understand new methods pertaining to synthetic genomics technologies.
• Willingness to constantly innovate and reduce costs without sacrificing quality standards.
• For production processes, willingness to closely follow established procedures.
• Applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of orders.
• Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in industry.
• Firm understanding of and experience in molecular biology techniques, including PCR, SDM, digestion, ligation, and transformation.
• Experience managing numerous orders simultaneously.
• Proven utilization of QA/QC methodologies.
• Experience utilizing robotic platforms.
• Hands-on experience within high-throughput genomic pipelines.
• Experience operating automated laboratory equipment (e.g. QPix, Biomek, ABI 3730 XL DNA Sequencer, Next-Gen sequencing, etc.).
• Familiar with computational biology tools (BLAST, Vector NTI).