Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We seek a talented, collaborative inter-disciplinary scientist to catalyze computational analysis of high-dimensional tissue, cell and molecular profiling data to advance Celgene's patient-focused Molecular Medicine efforts. This individual will play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computational analysis strategies and a wide range of data sources to empower data-driven decisions and improve therapeutic outcomes in complex diseases of unmet medical need.
Key scientific aspects of the role concern computational exploration and association of data generated by high-resolution immune profiling assays with patient clinical properties and molecular phenotypes. This position would suit an individual with strong scientific leadership potential, exceptional data analysis and interpretation skills, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Work will involve systems-level analysis of immunoprofiling data to identify and elucidate disease subgroups and their relationship to therapeutic response in order to improve outcomes in key indications. The role will form part of a collaborative network of scientists in distinct disciplines working to integrate experimental, clinical and computational research approaches.
Working in collaboration with computational, biological and clinical scientists across the Celgene Research and Early Development organization, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pursue and supervise leading systems and clinical immunology research towards key Celgene scientific objectives, including coordination and mentorship of junior staff as required.
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art computational analysis and interpretation approaches to leverage internal, public and partner datasets and empower data-driven therapeutic program decision-making.
- Integrate data across multiple experimental platforms and transfer knowledge from pre-clinical experiments to clinical trials.
- Collaborate with research colleagues to interrogate clinical phenotypes and develop biomarkers that enable molecular segmentation of key disease subpopulations.
- Present and report methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard, both internally and outside the company where required. Contribute to study reports, invention disclosures, investigator brochures, IND applications, and other regulatory documents.
- Contribute to planning and execution of collaborative projects with leading academic and commercial research groups worldwide.
- Ph.D. in immunology, computational biology, clinical statistics, or related discipline.
- 15 + years experience of inter-disciplinary computational and drug discovery research in university, hospital or biotechnology environments.
- Experience with large immuno-profiling datasets including flow cytometry, cyTOF, imaging and immunohistochemistry data required.
- Demonstrated experience with biostatistics and analysis of datasets from clinical studies.
- Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, and a wide range of contemporary, open-source informatics tools and database structures in MS Windows, Linux & cloud computing environments.
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve productively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills are required.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.