Location:Redwood City, United StatesJob reference:
Oct. 20, 2016
Acerta Pharma was established in 2013 with a mission to discover and develop novel targeted molecules with the potential to improve patients' lives. At the core of our vision is a foundation based on cutting edge technologies, which enable the development of specific and selective drug candidates. Acerta's innovations translate to more effective and less toxic prospective therapies. As a member of the AstraZeneca group, Acerta is well positioned to rapidly achieve its first of hopefully several drug approvals to come.
The Senior Director, Project Management works closely with the management team to plan and establish project management practices in support of drug research and development. This individual is responsible for directing and managing priorities for multiple projects, integrating and overseeing interaction amongst functional teams, conducting regular meetings with Acerta executives. Represents the project management function, including, corporate goals and financial issues that arise, develops standard operating procedures, guidelines, training materials, tracking and management systems. Mentors and develops other Project Managers.
The Senior Director, Project Management is responsible for managing the Project Management function, and ensuring adherence to quality standards. Assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources as needed, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of company deliverables. Creates, reviews and maintains all startup and planning document templates (i.e. Gantt charts, program budgets, deliverables, risks and program status updates). Manages the scope, risks, issues, deliverables, and schedule of individual project tasks. Establishes and enforces the use of the project change control processes. Establish Project Management best practices across development programs to initiate consistent reporting procedures. Identifies opportunities for process and procedural improvements. Secretary / Decision Support Leader of the Senior Management Committee and Executive Committee.
* Bachelors degree in life sciences or related field
* Fifteen (15) or more years of directly applicable experience in Pharmaceutical R&D in escalating similar roles to include a demonstrated understanding of key elements of global drug product development process
* Strong understanding and competency in planning processes and decision making
* Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software, including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, and budget monitoring
* Strong business acumen
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative dynamic environment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* MS or MBA with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
* Program Management Professional PMP certification or equivalent proficiency
* Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams strongly preferred
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.