Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
The Senior Director of HCP Engagement and Monitoring will oversee the HCP Engagement and Monitoring team within Commercial Operations, which acts as a shared service for all business units within the Company. This individual will be responsible for leading the strategy and continued development of HCP Contracting and HCP Field Expense Reporting Monitoring, Transparency Reporting Monitoring and Speaker Program administration.
This will include oversight of the development of a Centralized Accountability for end to end HCP Engagements with improved documentation and maintenance processes for contracted services which adapt to growing corporate scale. Written plans, regular audits of operational business functions and implementation of corrective measures will be needed where deemed necessary. In addition, this individual will provide oversight to the speaker bureau operations group. Candidate shall engage and partner with Senior Leadership to influence decisions and effect implementation of strategies and considerations in alignment with organization goals.
* Work with key stakeholders to lead the development of the needed HCP Engagement model infrastructure regarding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Fair Market Value (FMV) and credentialing tool development, training, communication, process flow/mapping and existing IT systems.
* Act as the facilitator of the HCP Engagement and Monitoring CORE oversight committee to ensure integrity of documentation and controls, examine audit finding remediations, address payment exception forms and review deviations.
* Partner with Marketing and HCP Engagement Leads from other business units to ensure robust Annual Operating Marketing Plans are developed.
* Work in conjunction with Regeneron's Commercial management team to define, design, execute, communicate, and maintain a robust and pertinent promotional speaker bureau.
* Oversee monitoring of Transparency data.
* Work in conjunction with the Compliance team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of HCP spend data for transparency reporting purposes.
* Lead the assessment of different program options and make recommendations to senior leadership.
* Oversee the existing speaker bureau including the contracting and training of associated faculty, the buy or build of a speaker bureau platform and the on-boarding of an associated logistics partner.
* Assist the Marketing team in their development of meaningful speaker program content and facilitate Legal, Regulatory and Medical review of same.
* Provide leadership and oversight to speaker programs after launch.
* Partner with Marketing to explore and deliver as approved, additional field-based speaker programs.
* Identify solutions that support and enhance the capability to track operational efficiencies and effectiveness of programs; develop and implement new and re-engineered business processes to ensure company's ability to monitor and track activities; analyze trends and lead team to remediate program gaps and issues.
* Direct the team to manage the performance of critical vendors and internal processes to ensure the quality of deliverables, adherence to both internal and external standards and to streamline day-to-day operations and increase efficiency.
* Supervise the development of training programs and materials as it relates to HCP Engagement and Monitoring. Additionally, monitor, track and analyze the training process for effectiveness and adherence to program business rules to eliminate company exposure.
* Develop and enforce the maintenance of stringent quality control processes and measures that ensure the accuracy of all report information and data extracts.
* Lead alignment efforts with internal departments to develop, implement, and maintain effective processes and documentation.
* Conduct routine internal reviews and audits of vendor activities to ensure ongoing satisfaction based on audit findings and recommend corrective action to ensure action was met.
* Work closely with Internal Audit to address any internal audit findings relating to HCP contracting and Speaker Programs.
* Prepare and recommend program operating budgets for approval. Monitor spending for adherence to budget and recommend variances as necessary.
* Develop balanced score cards and Key Performance Indicators to track vendor performance and adherence to statements of work.
* Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
* Develop team with respect to capabilities, career paths and self-awareness.