Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
The Commercial Operations Contracts Associate is a key contributor to the team responsible for providing proactive support to the Regeneron Commercial organization including Sales & Marketing and Trade & Reimbursement, and Medical Affairs functions. Specifically, the person in this position will be responsible for managing the contracting of healthcare professionals and/or other technical expert consultants and for ensuring that all associated spend is reported in a timely and compliant manner.
* Manage the contracting of healthcare professionals and/or technical experts as consultants to Regeneron.
* Serve as the liason between Commercial Operations and Legal, Compliance, Accounts Payable and Procurement regarding said contracting ensuring full compliance with all statutes, laws, guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Specifically, coordinate the contracting of said experts, ensuring that the necessary needs assessment(s) is fully completed and that the contract terms are approved by both the business and Legal before execution.
* Work with the business to execute all expert contracts in a timely manner, proactively working with all stakeholders to remove any associated roadblocks and address any areas of concern.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for healthcare professionals and/or technical experts contracted by the Commercial Organization in regards to contracts, payments and expenses.
* Proactively manage the timely payment of all expert consultants including any incidental travel expenses working with the contracted experts to ensure full compliance with all statutes, laws, policies and procedures.
* Assume the lead role in ensuring that all spend information is provided to Legal and Compliance in a timely manner, working with contracted experts to submit all necessary supporting documentation.
* Ensure that all Aggregate Spend requirements surrounding the payment and reimbursement of healthcare professional consultants are met working with Legal and Compliance to address and resolve any compliance and/or reporting issues.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Secondary to the Essential Functions of the Job):
* Manage the Commercial Operations budget, proactively identifying potential over- and/or underspends and work with the relevant team members to mitigate appropriately.
* Assist with the oversight of any and all associated vendors to help ensure exemplary service as well as efficient and accurate spend reporting.
* Proactively manage all associated purchase requisitions, budgets and reporting of same to the relevant business groups.
* Assist the Meeting Planning and Sample Accountability team as needed.
* Support initiatives in other areas of Commercial Operations, for example, promotional program execution, spend data integration, and development of a Company-wide customer master as required.
* Stay abreast of all pertinent company policies, procedures and government regulations (both State and Federal) that relate to promotional activities and thereby actively contribute to Regeneron's continued compliance with same.