Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst to join the multi-site Research & Development Informatics organization at either its Thousand Oaks, or its South San Francisco California campus. The Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst will report to the Director, Research Informatics supporting the Therapeutic Areas, Genome Analysis Unit and Comparative Biology and Safety Sciences.
The Research Informatics team supports Discovery Research and Translational Research organizations globally with innovative IS solutions to accelerate and grow Amgen's pipeline of biopharmaceuticals. Our success in informatics is driven by our commitment to the IS Vision to accelerate growth through technology and informatics. Our focus is to:
1. Unlock knowledge and data for faster innovation.
2. Create value with compelling, consumable and resilient technology.
3. Enrich Amgen's engagement with patients and the healthcare community.
Travel: Domestic travel up to 10% may be essential.
- Support the Research Informatics project portfolio with a team of service leads, business analysts, data scientists and software engineers. Support investment lifecycle management activities including development of project business cases, financial plans and funding requests.
- Collaborate with service leads to deliver the assigned projects/programs. Work with multiple vendors, PM's, other cross-functional staff members and teams to design, build, test, deploy, and support project activities.
- Partner with client-facing IS leads and PM's from other IS functional areas to align delivery timelines, project scope, budgets, risks, issues, decisions, and communications with the respective programs.
- Represent the projects at portfolio meetings, track and report project financial status and resource allocation, work with the service owners to lead and achieve key departmental goals.
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are documented. Obtain and manage external resources needed for project completion.
- Follow Amgen's Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC), agile methodologies and all other standard IS and ITIL processes to plan, execute and deliver the project.
OR Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
OR Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry.
- Expert skills and knowledge of PM principles, methodologies, project financial accounting, risk management, communications and status reporting, and schedule management.
- Experience with the following:
- Project management and Business Analysis work in support of diverse IS projects including: data management, analysis, analytics solutions.
- Work in global environment, able to impact and influence people, processes and projects.
- Amgen processes/systems, including financial (SAP, eFinity, EPPM, LE process, purchase orders and invoicing), project tracking (RAID risk registry, MS project), Quality processes.
- Working knowledge of Agile and practical work experience delivering projects using Agile SCRUM methodology. Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.).
- Excellent communication, presentation and conflict resolution skills and ability to identify, assess and resolve business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.