Software Engineering Lead-Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Software Engineering Lead in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. IT provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.
AstraZeneca is currently looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join our Commercial Solution Delivery Center. Our technology stack depends heavily technologies such as Java, Spring, AWS, GRAILS, Salesforce.com, HTML5, jQuery, and Twitter Bootstrap. We’ll rely on you to bring your technical acumen to help the team continue to deliver world class solution for both our employees and our external constituents such as patients and doctors. The Commercial Software Delivery Center is a high performing team that is expanding.
As an Engineering Lead you are expected to:
- Have an opinion, always
- Be right, often
- Be a leader
- Understand how to professionally disagree with colleagues and customers
- Be an expert at software development
- Be experienced in Java web development paradigms
- Have experience application architecture and integrating systems across multipe platforms
- Have experience using common development tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, ...
- Ability to delegate work to both on-shore and off-shore resources
We prefer a candidate that has both traditional software development skills. It is preferable but not required that you have some or all of the following skills:
- Experience with Java development and or the Spring platform
- Strong experience with cloud hosting and the AWS infrastructure
- MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
- Jira / Confluence / GIT
- Experience with frameworks like JQuery, Angular and Backbone a plus
- Experience with a continuous integration environment
- Experience with cross platform mobile web development
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science, or equivalent degree.
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Five+ years of hands on software development experience.
- Two to three years of leadership responsibilities on software delivery projects.
- A background in the Infrastructure area is helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal customers.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.