Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our Computational Biology group. This individual will work directly with Caribou scientists and informaticians to develop integrated software tools for experiment design, data archiving, and data analysis. The ideal candidate will have broad CS knowledge, some system administration experience, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Refining and maintaining software development best practices
• Construction of high-throughput, parallelized pipelines for data analysis in both local cluster and cloud environments
• Development and maintenance of APIs, libraries, and databases to support our ecosystem of custom tools
• Construction of new visualization and data integration methods
• Administration of Caribou’s local and cloud computational environments
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Developer-BSP in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• BS degree in computer science, physics, or engineering
• Minimum three years’ experience leading full-stack development efforts
• Experience deploying tools in cluster and/or cloud-based computational environments
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience maintaining and administering instrumentation and computer hardware
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce quality results under pressure
• A willingness and desire to learn and work well in a team environment
• Experience configuring and optimizing MySQL, MongoDB, and other databases
• A knack for software architecture and system integration
• Industry experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical fields
• Experience with NGS sequencing and analysis pipelines is particularly desirable