At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Site Development Leader in Wilmington, DE you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring implementation of the operational site relationship management strategy for US SMM at AstraZeneca. You will work collaboratively with business stakeholders to position AstraZeneca as the Sponsor of Choice for clinical sites. This role will require influential leadership skills and effective collaboration and partnership with sites, clinical, legal, contracts, CRO partners and other functions within AstraZeneca to develop and manage a best-in-class site relationship model.
Additionally, on a daily basis, you’ll be tasked to develop strategies for current and future clinical site needs and help in articulating what those requirements are for the internal study teams and CRA’s. This will require strong leadership and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree. RN or PharmD preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of clinical experience, preferably within a large hospital or academic research institution and 5 years or more of experience directly engaged in with clinical trials
- Proven experience managing strategic relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process
- Ability to set and manage priorities, budget, resources and performance targets
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to manage complex processes across functions, interact effectively with clinical teams and related departments such as global procurement, legal affairs, clinical, contracts, and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute a compelling vision at an enterprise level
- Analytical and conceptual thinking with good problem and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapid paced environment, manage effectively and capable of making difficult decisions in uncertain/evolving situations
- Ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
- Ability to work in an environment of remote collaborators.
- Manages change with a positive approach for self, team and the business. Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to the business.
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.