At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a US Site and Budget and Contract Analyst in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
In this position, you will be in a managing position providing leadership during the clinical agreement and site level budget negotiation process to ensure ethical, fair and compliant practices are followed when developing, negotiating and executing clinical agreements and investigator budgets. This position necessitates providing leadership, direction, and guidance through process improvement, interactive communication and stakeholder management. This role requires a high level of interactive communication to set clear direction for the study teams and external Institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, preferably in life science, or equivalent qualification.
- Post-graduate training in contracts administration or work experience as a paralegal in
pharmaceutical or health care industry.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, communication and time management skills.
- Experienced user of FMV tool, specifically MEDIDATA Grant Manager tool.
- Five years’ experience in pharmaceutical or health care industry, or seven to ten years of experience as paralegal or contractor administrator in pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of international guidelines ICH/GCP, basic knowledge of GMP/GDP.
- Good knowledge of relevant local regulations.
- Good medical knowledge in relevant AZ Therapeutic Areas.
- Basic understanding of the drug development process.
- Good understanding of Clinical Study Management including monitoring, study drug handling and data
- Ability to travel nationally as required.
- Maintain ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
- Demonstrate ability to work in an environment of remote collaborators.
- Manage change with a positive approach for self, team and the business. Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to the business.
- Exhibit ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Possess good cultural awareness.
- Prove ability to understand the impact of technology on projects and to use and develop computer skills while making appropriate use of systems/software in an e-enabled environment.
- Maintain team oriented and flexible approach; possess ability to respond quickly to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Exhibit customer focus in collaboration with sites and external stakeholders.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.