Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a private, research-driven specialty biopharmaceutical company active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of endocrinology, gastroenterology, infertility, obstetrics, urology and osteoarthritis. In recent years Ferring has expanded beyond its traditional European base, with over 3,700 employees worldwide, it operates subsidiaries in over 45 countries and makes its products available in more than 70 countries.
Ferring Research Institute, Inc. (FRI) is the center of excellence for peptide research for Ferring Pharmaceuticals. Established in 1996, FRI now occupies a state-of-the-art research facility in Sorrento Valley, San Diego. Located in the heart of the Southern California biopharmaceutical community, the Institute has attracted a diverse group of highly skilled professionals representing over fifteen countries of origin.
Responsible for designing and developing translational research plans, and managing academic collaborations with major research centres to build translational R&D capabilities at Ferring.
• Design and develop translational research plans for upcoming clinical candidates with biomarker plans for measuring target engagement and patient stratification in multiple therapeutic areas(Reproductive Health, Gastroenterology, Urology and Endocrinology).
• Critical evaluation of primary literature in order to design appropriate in vitro and in vivo experiments for biomarkers with the object of reaching timely decisions within project teams
• Manage academic collaborations with major research centers and key opinion leaders for translational research.
• Identify and manage external studies with CRO’s for genomics and proteomics studies as well as other relevant technologies
• Creation of strong organizational alignment for new research programs through effective presentation of scientific and business cases to key decision-makers within Ferring.
• Representation at scientific conferences and via publication of novel research findings in high quality journals.
• Phd in Biology (with postdoctoral training) possibly with medical degree.
• 10+ year scientific experience in translational research in the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably in large biopharmaceutical companies. Experience in analyzing large datasets including genomic and proteomic is preferred.
• Proven/successful experience in establishing and executing late stage research projects with biomarker plans.
• Proven ability to establish an extensive network of academic partners in order to facilitate new idea generation for biomarkers.
• Proven ability to critically evaluate the primary literature and design appropriate in vitro and in vivo experiments for biomarkers with the aim of achieving timely decisions on projects.
• Adept at influencing and leading a multidisciplinary matrix organization to achieve goals.
• Experience in hiring, developing and leading other scientists, and directing research projects.
• Outstanding record of innovative contributions to translational sciences evidenced by a strong publication record, including first authored publications in high quality journals and presentations at conferences.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - oral and written.