At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Senior Technician, Pharmaceutical Technology & Development in West Chester, OH, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
- HS education or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years experience in a pharmaceutical processing environment or associates degree with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor peers.
- Hands on experience with aseptic processing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and scientific methods.
- Ability to operate all types of production equipment and gown appropriately for aseptic operations.
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time, work gowned for long periods of time, maintain good personal hygiene. Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Team player committed to quality and working effectively with others. Must be self-motivated, results oriented, dependable, organized, efficient, disciplined, and able to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Correctable vision equal to or better than 20/20.
- Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at volume levels consistent with interpersonal or group conversations. Ability to interpret the letters and numbers when viewed on a personal computer screen, PDA, reports and other documents.
- Ability to work in office, Lab and Manufacturing environments.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.