The Biologics Trainer’s responsibilities will include:
• The oversight and implementation of mandatory introductory training for all lab-based new staff with a focus on safety, quality, administration, basic and assay specific procedures/tasks.
• The direction, implementation and execution of requalification/refresher training covering basic lab principles and/or the conduct of training related to systemic/trend related issues impacting Biologics (corrective actions).
• To conduct research and maintain relevancy to best practices in industry or through new technologies, that may impact training methodology.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• The Biologics Trainer will ensure that:
• Training of new laboratory hires is adequate and consistent across all laboratories.
• Re-qualification and refresher training programs are consistent and adequate across all laboratories for routine procedures.
• He/she will maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services and transfer this knowledge to new staff.
• He/she is capable of working with no supervision on the vast majority of tasks, but may receive guidance from Management and/or Scientific personnel as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Serve as primary trainer for all laboratory-based staff members within the Biologics division.
• Responsible for having a broad working knowledge of laboratory policies and a wide variety of laboratory based techniques.
• Write and maintain relevant SOPs specific to the Training Program.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques and improve processes when necessary.
• Responsible for annual refresher training on critical lab tasks (content and completion), and re-training/requalification on demand.
• Drive cross training initiatives across all Biologics laboratories for consistency.
• Lead with high energy the Biologics training program by demonstrating correct behaviors and work ethic.
• Provide regular updates to Management on the Biologics Training program status and initiatives (formal report: monthly at a minimum).
• Advise management of factors that may affect quality of training.
• Demonstrate consistently good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management, regulatory inspectors, and clients (where applicable).
• Ensure that all necessary guidelines are followed with respect to specific trainings.
• Ability to relay technical information in a concise and simple format for trainees.
• Work closely with Management and Scientists to develop training methodologies as required.
• Ability to analyze data and interpret results.
• Use and maintain scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems etc in the training environment.
• Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• MA/MS in scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years regulated laboratory experience.
• BA/BS in scientific discipline with 7+ years of regulated laboratory experience.
• Formal training certification highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of a GLP/GMP laboratory.
• 3+ years’ experience training staff.
• Must have experience working in regulated Life Science or related environment.
• Experience in performing a variety of lab techniques including, but not limited to:
o Cell culture, handling of BSL-2 viable agents such as viruses or micro-organisms.
o Lab husbandry best practices, use of lab equipment (weigh balances, pipettes, centrifuges, microscopes, BSC’s, autoclave).
o Material control and handling: (reagent preparation and aliquoting techniques, material & control segregation (positive/negative, sterile/non-sterile) ), decontamination practices,
o Completion of laboratory records, review practices for laboratory records, controlled forms etc.
o Able to conduct hands on training, presentation training to groups, individual one on one training sessions.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Ability to mentor staff.
• Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision.
• Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and / or Google applications, Learning Management Software.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.