At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Senior Strategic Project Manager/Associate Director of Medical Affairs-Oncology in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Senior Strategic Project Manager/Associate Director (SPM/AD) is a subject matter expert regarding project management best practices. This person will work collaboratively with Medical Leaders and other team members to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved. This position provides a high level of project management expertise to Medical Teams ensuring smooth and efficient operational implementation of evolving Medical brand strategies and life cycle management, enabling on-time / on-budget project delivery. The SPM/AD will maintain, promote and influence plans via project management tools. This role may mentor other project managers. The role has a high job complexity and the successful candidate must have a high level of independence to meet requirements outlined above with minimal supervision.
- Education: BA/BS is required, ideally in science or medical field. MBA and/or PMP certification experience strongly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5-7 years pharmaceutical/biologics industry experience, including background in complex cross-matrix, multi-year projects. Oncology experience is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Strategic planning skills to develop/implement plans, ( including risk mitigation / contingency planning)
- Proven ability to lead and produce results in a matrix environment: "Lead without Authority”.
- Execution driven. “Good finisher”
- Ability to identify/manage cross-project interdependencies and understand ties to broader business strategies.
- Proactive in ability to focus / flex between highest priority areas
- Strong Communication / Collaboration Skills
- Ability to communicate and manage stakeholders across functions and at various levels, including comfort-level with executives.
- Ability to communicate TA and functional-wide project information, including to senior level stakeholders.
- Actively negotiate and influence across areas to promote high performance, including comfort level to challenge teams.
- Team player/people orientated. Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across business areas (i.e. including with Commercial and Global teams).
- Strong Facilitation skills.
- Broad business perspective; including USMA operations and ties to broader organization
- Demonstrates knowledge/experience in annual business cycles (i.e. RBU, etc.), including medical brand planning and budget management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft applications
- Strong problem solving skills
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.