As a member of the Content group, you will join a dynamic cross-functional team composed of biologists, ontologists, and software engineers working on truly cutting-edge technology. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with training in biology or medicine to contribute to the advancement of science. The Content group is responsible for the development of the QIAGEN Knowledge Base and its integration into QIAGEN’s informatics product line, supporting interpretation of ‘omics data including expression studies and genomic data as well as QIAGEN’s QCI Interpret for Somatic Cancer.
As a Senior Content Scientist, you will have a major role in the curation group, including in the development and implementation of an updated curation protocol and advanced curation tools. We are responsible for curation of a variety of sources of biomedical content on topics such as the genetics of disease, disease treatments, and molecular and cellular biology. Within this effort, the Content Scientist will work on the collaborative development, testing, and refinement of content curation protocols, will test and supply feedback on curation tools, and will contribute to the training the other members of the curation team in the use of the newly developed tools and procedures. Content Scientists also suggest and help implement methods of increasing our productivity while maintaining high standards of scientific content quality.
We seek an experienced scientist with an eye for detail and a dedication to quality to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team.
- Understanding of somatic alterations and their effect on disease and treatments.
- Experience in human or clinical genetics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- 3+ years of experience in curation of the biological/biomedical literature.
- Experience in training others in scientific curation using defined specifications and protocol.
- Experience in development of curation protocols and tools.
- Experience working with biological/biomedical ontologies.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Energetic and open-minded individual.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and practice new technologies and skills as needed to get the job done.
- MD or PhD in the biological sciences, preferably in field relating directly to human genetics or human disease.