A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Chemical Biology team in Pfizer's Oncology Research and Development organization. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for enabling studies on target biology and compound mechanism of action through the application of cutting-edge chemical biology approaches. The individual should be a highly skilled laboratory experimentalist with experience working with biological systems and applying quantitative mass spectrometry technologies to deliver biological insights through chemical biology experimentation. The successful candidate will be effective building strong relationships cross functionally and working in a highly collaborative environment to advance the oncology portfolio.
* Work collaboratively with Oncology drug discovery and target identification teams to apply chemical biology approaches that enhance the Oncology portfolio
* Use chemical proteomics to elucidate biological targets of active molecules emerging from phenotypic screens to expedite drug discovery efforts.
* Design and implement novel chemical biology applications to enable target engagement, identification, and localization
* Apply quantitative MS technologies and associated proteomic platforms (Proteome Discover, IP2).
* Apply affinity/activity-based proteomic probes to profile the functional state of enzyme targets in native biological systems to assess the potency, selectivity and safety of small molecule inhibitors.
* Work in collaboration with Medicinal Chemistry to conceive, prepare and validate chemical probes.
* Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
Educational Qualifications: Doctoral level degree in biological or chemical sciences Training and Experience:
* Post-doctoral training in chemical biology or related area (minimum 1 year) preferred
* Highly skilled laboratory experimentalist with experience of working on biological systems (cells/cell lysates/ex vivo tissues etc).
* Strong track record of delivering biological insights through chemical biology experimentation
* Experience using mass-spectrometry and chemical biology strategies for small molecule target deconvolution and mechanism of action studies
* Experience working in the following areas would be desirable: mammalian tissue culture, Click chemistry; photoaffinity cross-linking; in-gel fluorescence; chemical modification of proteins; protein engineering; SILAC methodology; siRNA for target validation
* Comprehensive knowledge of applying chemical biology probes.
* Quantitative analytical skills
* Proven effective written and verbal communication skills
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.