A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The successful candidate will join the department of Structural and Molecular Sciences (SMS), a multidisciplinary group with established expertise in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, protein mass spectrometry, enzymology, NMR, biophysics, protein crystallography and cryo-EM. Our mission is to provide integrated molecular insights into drug targets, lead compounds and target-compound interactions to advance discovery efforts across multiple therapeutic areas, including Inflammation and Immunology, Neurosciences, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases and Rare Diseases. As a Senior Scientist - Molecular Mechanism, you will apply expert knowledge in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or structural biology to design innovative approaches to provide novel molecular insights into drug target and target-ligand interactions. You will have the ability to master target literature and collaborate with other scientists in our multidisciplinary teams to determine specific experimental approaches and execute them in a timely fashion to drive decision making. You will also have the opportunities to learn new techniques and lead the development of cutting-edge technologies and external collaborations.
* Protein construct design, expression, purification and characterization, preferably for both soluble and membrane proteins.
* Innovative approaches to deliver novel insights for our drug targets using biophysical, biochemistry and structural techniques.
* Experimental results will be recorded in an electronic laboratory notebook.
* Prompt and clear communication will occur with project team colleagues. External scientific publication and presentation will be encouraged when appropriate as a means of assuring optimal research standards.
* Doctoral degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Biophysics or related field.
* Postdoctoral training in relevant fields with ca. 2-5 years of industrial or related academic experience.
* Strong hands on skills in molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology and biophysics, preferably also structural biology.
* Proven track record of creativity in problem solving and ability to pick up new technical skills.
* Proven scientific influence via strong interpersonal and communication skills. Has the skill and drive to grow into a thought leader.
Ability to perform laboratory research and travel.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.