A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are seeking creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated synthetic chemists to join our Pfizer Global Research and development laboratories based in Groton, CT. As part of a medicinal chemistry team, the successful applicants will contribute through innovative synthetic chemistry to the delivery of clinical candidates aligned against portfolio strategy.
* Contribute to the development and enablement of a coherent synthesis strategy associated to the project: understand the goal and medicinal chemistry strategy of the project and, as part of a synthesis team, positively and proactively influence and reduce to practice the strategy through development of innovative chemistry tailored to project needs.
* Development and enablement of versatile and modular synthetic routes compatible with rapid analog synthesis.
* Validation of these synthesis routes through reduction to practice via the synthesis of prototype molecules.
* Liaise with outsourcing point of contact in the team to ensure optimum transfer of the enabled chemistry to allow for rapid analog synthesis externally. Also, when applicable, be able to manage a pool of remotely located chemists assigned to analog synthesis.
* Develop scalable routes of preclinical candidates.
* Build effective partnerships with other lines, in particular analytical, technology, pharmaceutical sciences and process chemistry groups.
* Publish and present research internally and externally to Pfizer.