Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene Quanticel Research, a subsidiary of Celgene, is seeking an experienced and innovative Cell Biologist for a Senior Scientist with responsibility for developing and utilizing in vitro cellular assays and more generally furthering our expertise in immuno-oncology as relevant to disease biology. The successful candidate is expected to have a strong scientific background in immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Apply biology and cellular pharmacology knowledge and skills to design and execute in vitro experiments involving the evaluation of small molecule inhibitors.
- Develop and validate a variety of assays to understand the target of interest and characterize small molecule inhibitors.
- Develop, conduct and analyze in vitro/ex vivo mechanism of action assays to support data for efficacy studies.
- Design and analyze pharmacodynamic experiments to support preclinical studies.
- Maintain and routinely employ in-depth knowledge of project-related scientific literature.
- The successful candidate is expected to integrate individual contributions into the broader context of ongoing research programs within Celgene Quanticel Research.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or related field and at least 6 years of research experience, 3 of which should be in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 14 years research experience or Master's degree with at least 12 years of research experience will also be considered.
- The successful candidate will have a background and expertise in inflammation, immunology, and/or immuno-oncology as it relates to lymphocyte biology, especially T cell biology (NK/Macrophages cell biology is preferred).
- Expertise in the isolation, culture, manipulation, characterization of primary human T cells, and immune cell based functional assays is essential.
- Hands on experience in flow cytometry is essential.
- Experience in rodent models for testing immuno-oncology entities is preferred.
- Technical proficiency in molecular biology such as PCR, cloning, in vitro genome editing (CRISPR and other methodologies) lentiviral-vector construction and production is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong collaborative team spirit, self-motivated and a track record of innovation.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.