Ardelyx® is building an integrated biopharmaceutical company with a gastrointestinal and cardio-renal focus. Our mission is to serve patients through the discovery, development and commercialization of minimally-systemic therapeutics that target intestinal receptors and transporters to address unmet medical needs.
We are currently seeking a Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our experienced drug discovery and development team to help drive our Gastroenterology and Immunology Disease Biology effort in Fremont CA. The successful candidate will have responsibilities in developing the GI/immunology therapeutic strategy and lead drug discovery programs from target validation through IND-enabling studies in a matrixed organization. In support of the company’s drug discovery and development efforts, the Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist will also directly supervise a group of in vivo biologists focused on the evaluation of new targets, new molecules and mechanisms involved in GI and immunologic pathophysiology.
• Reports to Head of Pharmacology and Translational Biology, has shared responsibility for driving GI/immunology drug discovery programs and collaborative activities.
• Responsible for assisting in the review, assessment, planning and execution of activities relevant to our GI/immunology drug discovery project portfolio.
• Takes a lead role in development and execution of relevant in vivo models critical to the evaluation of compound activity, mechanism of action and generation of key data sets that drive drug discovery programs.
• Responsible for the co-leadership of drug discovery efforts, associated pre-clinical de-risking of GI/immunology opportunities, including assisting the clinical development team in providing IND-enabling data.
• Directly supervise a team of in vivo scientists in the development and execution of animal models and a matrixed team of scientists focused on advancing preclinical candidates.
• Provide documented review and input to the department head/research leadership team on new therapeutic opportunities, competitive intelligence on GI/immunology programs and participates in collaborations with partners regarding disease area activities.
• Ph.D. in biology, pharmacology (or a related discipline) with a minimum of 7-10 years of industrial experience
• A broad knowledge and proven ability to evaluate, develop and troubleshoot in vivo models and systems for compound evaluation in GI and immune-based diseases (e.g. IBS-C, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Motility Disorders, etc.) and a deep working knowledge of the animal models required to progress candidate molecules.
• Connections with key opinion leaders in fields relevant to the disease area is helpful.
• Experience/knowledge in gut physiology and the role of intestinal receptorI transporters is a plus
• A commitment to high-quality research and the execution of research plans in a timely and organized manner
• Strong written and communication skills; and an ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers in a dynamic environment
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will help develop therapeutics that are designed to act in the gastrointestinal tract with minimal systemic exposure. Our drug candidates target important diseases and conditions. We are developing novel therapeutic agents that address unmet medical needs, with agastrointestinal and cardio-renal focus.
We are seeking the best in class scientists, advanced thinkers, and people who thrive on collaboration to co-create the future. You will be working with some of the industry's best scientists in a team environment focused on world class research. Ardelyx offers a competitive total rewards package, perks and an innovative and dynamic culture and research environment.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.