We are looking for a Senior Scientist to join the Functional Biology team at AnaptysBio. This individual will design and implement in vitro pharmacological approaches for selecting and characterizing therapeutic, monoclonal antibody-based leads. Responsibilities will also include participating on matrixed project teams, and leadership of one or more of these efforts. Specific duties include:
• Contribute to the lead selection and characterization strategies for therapeutic antibody discovery programs, including the development and validation of novel, cellular immunological and biochemical assays
• Provide strategic and tactical direction to project teams regarding in vitro pharmacological studies
• Contribute new ideas and in vitro proof-of-concept studies to enable the initiation of new antibody projects
• Serve as a discovery Project Team Leader, work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, and participate in the mentoring, supervision, and professional development of junior laboratory staff
• Present research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings.
• Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related science with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in an industrial setting, with a proven track record of developing innovative in vitro pharmacological approaches to support drug discovery programs
• Demonstrated ability to lead both functional and project teams within a matrixed, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment as evidenced by a solid record of team productivity
• Strong working knowledge of immunology and inflammatory disease
• Experience with basic lab automation and robotics
• Demonstrated success in scientific creativity and independent strategic thinking, including a strong patent and publication record
• Motivated and hard-working team player with a can-do attitude, demonstrated ability to work closely with other scientific disciplines involved in drug discovery
• Excellent leadership and mentorship skills, with a lead-by-example working style
• Outstanding communication skills, including written reports/scientific publications, and presentations to the executive team and external stakeholders
• High level of curiosity with excellent problem-solving skills.