PhD and post-doctoral training in Immunology with at least 7 years of direct and relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
• A PhD and post-doctoral training in Immunology, with at least 7 years of experience, preferably in industry, with significant focus on Immunology-focused cellular assay development for mechanistic characterization, and lead discovery and optimization of small molecule and biologic therapeutics. Ideally, the individual will have hands on expertise developing and validating functional assays to support drug discovery and target validation efforts.
• Excellent record of performance and scientific accomplishments as demonstrated by impactful contributions to the scientific community, pipeline contributions, peer reviewed publications and patent applications.
• Clear evidence of sustained independent thought and creativity in developing and implementing advanced technology and ideas for new drug discovery projects.
• Individuals with strong leadership, communication skills, and with experience in participating in and/or leading multi-disciplinary project teams are encouraged to apply.
• Expert understanding of immunology and inflammation related biology
• Demonstrated excellence in molecular biology and immunological techniques and extensive hands-on experience in isolation, culture, and characterization of primary immune cells from human and animal tissues
• Extensive cell-based and biochemical assay development experience with a variety of readouts including proliferation, activation, migration, etc.
• Hands on experience with technologies including flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, capillary electrophoresis, and other assays.
• Integrated cross-functional knowledge of drug optimization
• Understanding of accuracy, quality control, statistics, and significance of conclusions
• Strong presentation and communication skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.