10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to join its Biochemistry group. The scientist must have a passion for innovating new applications that use Next Generation Sequencing technologies to drive discovery and improve human health. The scientist must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and have excellent laboratory skills. The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent depth of knowledge and experience in cell biology, especially as applied to NGS applications.
In addition, the candidate must have extensive hands-on experience in sample preparation for single cell applications including FACS, immunology, and/or genomics. This includes isolation of single cells from solid tissue samples.
• Develop methods for preparing high-quality single cell suspensions from a variety of biological sample types
• Acquire and test new methods and instrumentation for single cell sample prep
• Continually exercise the full Chromium Single Cell workflow from sample to sequencing results
• Write applications notes and protocols for users of the 10x Genomics platform
Required Skills and Background
• PhD or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, or a related field
• Experience with existing NGS platforms (e.g., Illumina, Ion Torrent, PacBio, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot complex problems and to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
• An eagerness to dramatically improve NGS tools
• Strong organizational skills