CytomX Therapeutics is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. The current opening offers an opportunity to lead the integration of immune target biology and bioanalytical assessment of Probody™ cancer immunotherapies toward clinical investigation in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment.
CytomX Therapeutics is seeking a passionate Cancer Immunologist to discover and develop novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer while protecting healthy tissue.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Cancer Immunology and be responsible for initiating and directing research towards identifying and validating novel Probody forms of cancer immune therapeutics. This role will lead projects and be responsible for progressing therapeutic candidates from early discover to IND-enabling studies in CytomX’s nimble research environment. We are looking for someone to join our fast-paced, multidisciplinary team in an exciting and dynamic R&D environment.
• A Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field is highly preferred
• 6-8 years of overall experience preferred for the Senior Scientist level (may include post-doctoral experience).
• The ideal candidate will have at least 2- 3 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery in the fields of immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy with significant experience leading projects, preferentially for some time in an industry setting.
• Proven experience in immunology or cancer immunology required
• Proven experience in T cell biology, preferentially effector and/or regulatory T cells is required
• Significant expertise in immune phenotyping and functional characterization of immune populations from syngeneic tumor models is required.
• Extensive experience with multi-color flow cytometry is essential
• Experience performing phenotypic and functional analysis of human T cells is highly desired
• A demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in the area of immunology or oncology
• Significant experience leading projects and working with cross-functional teams preferred
• Must have outstanding communication (oral and written) and presentation skills and will present project updates to Senior Management, Partners as well as wider audiences
• Ability to lead teams in a cross-functional work environment is critical; strong leadership skills and ability to work independently are expected