Senior Scientist, Biotechnology:
The successful candidate will work closely with our bioengineering team to develop new assays on our microchip platform for applications in cancer diagnostics. Responsibilities include the design, development, and implementation of novel liquid biopsy workflows that are optimized for our biosensor array platform. Day-to-day supervision of laboratory operations and interaction with development partners and customers will be an important aspect of the position. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment and acquiring skills that cross the lines between biochemistry and engineering.
CBRITE is a leading display technology provider that has developed and patented an extensive portfolio of thin film transistor (TFT) technology. The high performance and low cost of the CBRITE TFTs enables an entirely new class of biosensor arrays for biomedical applications. CBRITE is currently working to apply their advanced semiconductor biochip solutions to applications in the liquid biopsy space. The company has opened a laboratory in San Diego to explore applications of their biosensor technology and is looking for a talented senior scientist to assist in the development of new chip-based assays for rare cells and cfDNA.
The San Diego biotech team is a small, tightly knit group of engineers, chemists, and biologists who work as an interdisciplinary group in conjunction with our semiconductor development team in Santa Barbara. We are working on cutting edge applications for our biochip technology, and want to expand our group with great people who want to learn and grow in our multidisciplinary environment.
Education and Experience:
• PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering or related discipline.
• Outstanding record of publications or patents, or other evidence of scientific excellence. Ability to work effectively in a hands-on laboratory environment.
• Minimum three years’ experience in an industrial R&D laboratory.
• Direct experience with liquid biopsy workflows including rare cell enrichment.
• Hands-on experience with DNA/RNA extraction from cells, blood, and tissues.
• Experience with surface modification and probe binding protocols.
• Familiarity with semiconductor biosensors and chip-based assays a plus.
• Good understanding and ability to perform experiments using molecular biology. techniques like PCR, qPCR, enzymatic reactions, DNA, RNA purifications.
• Proficiency with next gen sequencing desirable.
• Good oral and written communications skills are a must.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and every employee is offered the opportunity to participate in the success of the company through stock ownership. An equal opportunity employer.
Location: Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA