We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist with expertise in protein sciences and affinity selection methodologies to join Nurix’s Library Discovery team. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) in the areas of oncology and immuno-oncology, by utilizing mechanistic and structural insights to guide drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will provide scientific leadership in utilizing DNA encoded libraries to identify novel, physiologically relevant chemical matter in accord with Nurix’s biophysical and structural expertise in the UPS space. This person will play a key role in discovery by participating in target selection and by evolving the standard paradigm of encoded library selection toward more extensive and mechanism-directed selection campaigns that exploit existing biophysical and mutation information. This individual will bring key affinity selection experience to a small team that will work closely with several experienced groups of interdisciplinary scientists, all of whom have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. She or he will have a strong team orientation and be highly collaborative, self-driven, resourceful, organized, and open to diverse points of view.
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 8+ years post-degree academic or industry experience.
• Expertise in affinity selection techniques (preferably using DNA encoded libraries, although phage display or SELEX experience is acceptable).
• Hands-on molecular biology experience including custom qPCR assays, PCR, and NGS.
• Expertise in using biophysical techniques to analyze protein-protein interactions as well as protein-small molecule interactions.
• Expertise in a variety of biochemical and cell-based assay platforms.
• Experience with protein expression and characterization in bacterial, baculovirus or mammalian expression systems, ideally including experience with multiprotein complexes.
• A strong track record (publications, industry experience) with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; he/she will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach.
• The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, and have the ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Application Process: Nurix requests that applicants write a cover letter communicating the reasons for their interest in the position as well as the reasons they believe they are a good fit.